Teenagers love chocolates..I love chocolates too 🙂
This article is for all chocolate lovers and I hope that you enjoy it 🙂
Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
- Dark chocolate is nutritious.contains stimulants like caffeine and theobromine, but is unlikely to keep you awake at night as the amount of caffeine is very small compared to coffee.Quality dark chocolate is rich in Fiber, Iron, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese and a few other minerals.
- Dark chocolate is loaded with organic compounds that are biologically active and function as antioxidants. These include polyphenols..etc.. Cocoa and dark chocolate have a wide variety of powerful antioxidants, way more than most other foods.
- There are many controlled trials showing that cocoa and dark chocolate can improve blood flow and lower blood pressure
- Consuming dark chocolate can improve several important risk factors for heart diseases
- The bioactive compounds in dark chocolate may also be great for your skin.
- Studies show that the flavanols from cocoa can improve blood flow to the skin and protect it against sun-induced damage.
- Dark chocolate may also improve the function of the brain
There is considerable evidence that cocoa can provide powerful health benefits.But of course, this doesn’t mean people should go all out and consume lots of chocolate every day. It is still loaded with calories and easy to overeat on. Maybe have a square or two after dinner and try to really savor them.There are of course other benefits to chocolate that I have not mentioned… such as the awesome taste..xD
For this reason, dark chocolate is best consumed in moderation. 😛
[Images : weheartit][ Facts taken from google sites ]